To support accurate billing, you'll be asked by your supplier to provide meter readings each month. You'll be able to do this easily through your Switchd dashboard as soon as we've completed the first switch for you property. We'll show you here how to do this.
This article covers:
- How to submit meter readings via your Switchd dashboard
- How to submit meter readings as an EDF and British Gas customer
How to submit meter readings via your Switchd dashboard
- Log in to your Switchd dashboard - you'll need your personal email address and the password you created when you first signed up to us.
- Go to the 'Meter Readings' section found on the left hand side of the dashboard as shown below.
- Type your meter reading in the box indicated for electricity and gas accordingly. Then, you'll see the 'Submit' button light up and you can press it. The reading is automatically sent to your supplier and it will be recorded in your Switchd dashboard.
Remember to ignore any commas or punctuation when typing your readings as well as any numbers showing in red or after a comma/dot in your meter.
How to submit meter readings as an EDF and British Gas customer
If you're an EDF or British Gas customer, go to your the meter reading page on your Dashboard and click the green button that says "Go to EDF Energy" or "Go to British Gas". It will take you directly to their website where you need to login and submit your reads.
The best way to send your figures over to them is through their websites directly as these suppliers don't support our meter reading submission system yet.
You'll be asked to log in to your supplier online account in order to submit your readings. For information on how to do this, kindly refer to the following article: How to log in to you supplier online account.