Occasionally a tariff may come up that you wonder why we haven’t switched you to it even though it looks like you could be making a saving. This may be something you come across on a price comparison site, another auto-switching service, or your supplier has notified you of a seemingly better option.
- On average we switch customers every 6-9 months as the cost is not worth it earlier.
- It may be that you opted out of paying exit fees so we won’t switch you until there aren’t any exit fees.
- We will still switch if this setting isn’t selected if the savings is greater than the exit fees, however this may not be the optimum time to switch. You might be close to the end of your current tariff and our algorithm may have calculated that it is better to wait a little bit longer to save more when your exit fees are waived.
- Sometimes suppliers have exclusive tariffs available through other switching services who get paid a commission. We don’t take commission from suppliers and will always remain on the side of our customers!
- There will be some cheap tariffs that fall outside these reasons however we don’t switch to some suppliers. This is either because they do not provide the best switching experience for customers or because they do not support us. We review our suppliers thoroughly to ensure that we aren't just giving you a cheap deal at the expense of more hassle. For this reason suppliers are sometimes turned off in our algorithm temporarily.