There are some easy steps that you can take to ensure this is an easy process.
Don't forget to use the Switchd dashboard Moving home function, found on the left-hand side of your dashboard.
Fill in the information (move out date, move in date, new address) and besides putting a stop to any switching on your previous property, it will also seamlessly add your new property, ready to switch once you’ve settled in.
Beyond our service, we have a few more things we recommend when moving home:
- Let your supplier know that you are moving house
- Take meter readings and meter photos on the day that you move out
- Take meter readings and meter photos on the day that you move in to your new property
- Find and contact the supplier for the new property as they will be charging you for any energy used once you've moved in.
- Let us know who it is! We can then begin the switching process to make sure that you're put back on the cheapest deal
These are the important things to do when moving home to ensure that you have everything in order, even if you aren't considering switching quite yet.